Monday, February 14, 2011

the terrible you-know-whats

Today is Abe's 5th birthday. But I'm not blogging about that today. Because last week was Oscar's 2nd birthday, and I need to put up photos from that first.

Oscar had a terrible day on his 2nd birthday, and the days since have not been all that great. I think the only way he could be having great days right now would be if his only activities included listening to Baby Beluga on repeat, eating graham crackers, and having a "bath with bubbles and cups." All day long. I mean, those things do happen everyday, but there are all of these other things that need to happen in between, like getting dressed, leaving the house, getting in the stroller or car, holding hands while crossing the street, listening to something besides Baby Beluga so the rest of us don't light the cd player on fire, etc.

Nevertheless, he is adorable and chatty and oh-so-literate (books books all day long--that request is more fun for the rest of us). And he's two! I remember when Sam turned two I thought he was such a big kid. Now two is all baby for me.

decorating cupcakes


Happy Birthday! The candle photos did not turn out well, since a candle (still unlit) poked him in the eye right before singing. He took a couple of minutes to recover.


enjoying Aaron's homemade honey ice cream


beautiful baby

1 comment:

Katie Rohr Howell said...

Christine, this is hysterical. I already knew this was your life at the moment, just like you know it is mine too, but reading about it is so so funny. I hadn't checked your blog in a while, you are an awesome writer. See you soon, I hope!
-Katie